Thursday, January 3, 2013

January


On my way home from work, about an hour ago, I was putting out food in the area we call "the cat commune". An area where the cats of the neighborhood gather to eat.

I had just made the decision not to go the other path and buy stickers for a student (he'll live, I'm glad I did).

While putting food into one of the bowls, I heard a small, muffled cry coming from right below my line of vision. I looked down at a pile of leaves about a foot away from my foot and there he was. A little boy laying down making faint, low meows. I didn't know if he was injured or almost dead, but I knew I had to get him to the vet so I reached down and picked him up and put him in my bag. The vet is a 5 minute walk away so I ran.

Getting him there, he was initially diagnosed with severe hypothermia. They began blow drying him, but his eyes were barely open and he was barely taking water from the syringe.

He is in an incubator now, for the next 3 hours due to low body temperature. They found round worm and another parasite in his stool. He will get medicine for that, but for now, trying to get his temperature back up.

                      He's cute, I hope January makes it!


1 comment:

  1. Bless you and the cats. how are things going for little January?

    ReplyDelete